This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hello everyone, and happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week! Here are my five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- The Longevity of Links for SEO – This detailed post by Jon Cooper of Point Blank SEO is the conclusion he came to about the longevity of links for SEO based on his and other experts' experience. In a nutshell, he believes that links will continue to be important for SEO based on strong evidence of link campaigns that he is currently running, Google’s March 24th, 2016 statement, and Google’s active pursuit in combating link spam.
- Google Accelerated Mobile Pages: Everything You Need to Know (Plus Quick Guide) – “More and more people consume content via their mobile phones, but…despite the search algorithm update, experience on mobile is still not satisfying.” Author Tamas Torok provides a detailed look at what Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are, how they work, why they matter, advantages and disadvantages of using them, how your analytics are affected, and how to install it on WordPress and other platforms.
- 11 SaaS Companies Reveal MRR and Other SaaS Metrics – It can be difficult to assess how one SaaS company fares over other SaaS companies, so author Nathan Latka interviewed top entrepreneurs to gather the data himself. This article is a summary of 11 SaaS companies and their metrics (in an edit-able Google spreadsheet!) and gives you a way to figure out how much your own SaaS company is worth.
- 80,000 Leads in 60 days: an interview with InVision’s Content Marketing Director – As a result of receiving a marketing email from InVision which included a link to a free iOS UI Kit called TETHR, author David Tendrich emailed them back to ask for a “spill the beans” interview. He wound up interviewing their Content Marketing Director, Clair Byrd, and asked this key question: How could a freelance designer or creative agency follow in InVision’s footsteps to attract local clients? This post is what he learned.
- How Google Works – This post is a transcription of Google engineer Paul Haahr’s session at SMX entitled “How Google Works.” You don't get to hear a Google Search Engineer speak too often, so author Richard Baxter (and many others) found Paul Haahr’s session at the SMX West conference quite impressive and very informative.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- The Turkish Rug Funnel (How A Rug Store Got Me To Shell Out A Few Thousand Dollars with ZERO Initial Interest) – I’m going to tell you a story about a beautiful rug that I purchased in Istanbul, Turkey. Why? Because this Turkish rug funnel is pure sales effectiveness.
- GE 145: Drift CEO David Cancel (Formerly @ Compete, HubSpot) Explains Why Free Products Are The Best Acquisition Method (podcast) – Interview with David Cancel, CEO of Drift: how his obsession helps businesses communicate better with their customers.
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- What Is Facebook Canvas: A Complete Guide – Facebook Canvas is a new and effective marketing tool that can inform, entertain, and encourage sales among users.
- 13 Quick Tricks to Increase Conversion Rates that You Can Do Right Now – Though you can’t increase conversion rates overnight, implementing these 13 quick tricks will certainly point you in the right direction.