Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #120, Neil and Eric share the 7 ways you can become a thought leader. Listen as Neil shares his experience in becoming a thought leader to help you become one as well.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Become a Thought Leader
- 00:36 – Becoming a thought leader requires a mix of everything
- 01:17 – #1 Don’t just focus on one channel
- 01:46 – Neil describes how he became a thought leader
- 02:08 – Find your unique angle
- 03:22 – Join YEC (Young Entrepreneur Council)
- 03:45 – Go to LinkedIn and reach out to editors of large publications
- 04:19 – Using large publications is a bit overused, but still a good tactic
- 04:25 – #2 Guest post
- 04:42 – #3 Find your niche
- 05:36 – #4 Choose the platform you will use
- 06:49 – #5 Do something that makes you stand out
- 07:32 – Neil does crazy experiments
- 07:57 – #6 Take whatever you can
- 08:57 – #7 Don’t forget to focus on PR
- 09:39 – Use free solutions with HARO
- 09:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Find your niche, find what SETS YOU APART.
- If you don’t stand out, you don’t get remembered.
- Don’t think that you’re too big or important for anything—just get your voice out there!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.