This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, happy Friday! Before you go off to your weekend, have a quick look at my five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- The Essential Go To Market Math For Beating Your SaaS Startup's Growth Targets – Great post on understanding the “go-to-market requirements of a business.” The author says that it just takes a couple of basic measurements for SaaS companies to figure out what exactly they need to do to achieve its goals each month. The cool part is there's an interactive worksheet for you to fill out on the site.
- Are Links Still a Powerful Ranking Factor? (New Study) – A really actionable case study post that shares updated data on the very weighty subject of links as a ranking factor. The conclusion is that links continue to be a powerful ranking factor: “When you aren’t facing page relevance or quality issues, links can, and do, continue to significantly impact rankings.” Lots of facts, numbers and graphics make this a really great read.
- How to Repurpose Audio Content Like a Machine – This 10x content from Smart Passive Income goes into detail (with screenshots) about making the most out of your podcast. Once you put a strategy/workflow in place to repurpose a single episode, you'll actually start to cut down on work because turning a great idea into a great idea in several different formats takes less work than starting from scratch. Lots of great ideas about how to do that.
- It’s the Company’s Job to Help Employees Learn – This Harvard Business School article points out that “people’s employability – their ability to gain and maintain a desired job – no longer depends on what they already know, but on what they are likely to learn.” This contrasts with an older, more traditional view that good employees were “productive machines, albeit with alienated spirits.” The post offers some tips to help managers help employees learn in the workplace.
- Four steps to maximizing Customer Lifetime Value – Search Engine Land says that “Customer Lifetime Value is the most underappreciated B2C metric” and yet the most important metric for top-performing B2C companies across the world. This post is just a summary and the real info is offered in a downloadable PDF of the same name that shows you how to capitalize on your existing customers.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 160: How Drip Club Used Influencer Marketing to Get 250K Instagram Followers & Grow the Business 1,000% in 1 Year (podcast) – Interview with Drip Club co-founders Andrew Tsai, Jonathan Hong & Mike Zhang: how they got 250,000 Instagram followers without paid advertising.
- 10 Marketing Lessons I Learned by Building a Top 100 App – Nelson Wang of Toptal learned the hard way how to build and promote a top 100 app. Here are 10 tips from this pro on how to make your app a huge success!
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- 10 Content Marketing Tools that Can Help You Increase Engagement on Twitter – With 310M unique visitors each month, Twitter is a great platform for content marketing. Here are 10 tools to help you increase your Twitter engagement.
- 10 Ways to Get More Snapchat Friends for Your Business – It's a little tricky to connect with others on Snapchat, but these techniques and tools will help you gain more followers—and get more content to go viral!