Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Happy Friday, everyone! I know it can be hard to keep up on the latest in marketing news, so we've compiled a list for you.
Here are my top five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- 29 AdWords Quality Score Factors – Facts, Myths, and Quick Fixes –You can save and even make money with improved quality scores, but for some reason many people find AdWords quality scores really hard to figure out. This KlientBoost article goes into detail about what it is, what it isn't, why you should care (so you can lower your cost per acquisition, duh!)—and offers some quick fixes.
- The Ultimate Guide To Launching On Product Hunt –Product Hunt, if you don't already know, is a website where people share new products. Foundr guest blogger Ovi Negrean, who “hacked his way to the top 5 of Product Hunt despite being relatively unknown,” shows you how he did it. In this epic post, he advises you to create a spreadsheet with all possible supporters, study the Product Hunt algorithm so you know when to post and gather upvotes, and use Thunderclap.it to create some noise about your PH launch.
- The Advanced Guide to Transactional Emails That Convert – As Seth Godin once said, “Anticipated, personal, and relevant advertising always does better than unsolicited junk,” and yet how much unsolicited junk e-mail do you get—and trash—in a day? Tons, right? Which means that it's not converting. A transactional e-mail is usually designed to engage users after they've given you their e-mail address to get a free download, for example. This fantastic guide shows you how to increase your conversions from these types of e-mails.
- 222 Zaps to Crush Your Current Process Automation – Until you get the hang of it, Zapier (a web automation app) can be a bit hard to maneuver. It's supposed to save you time, but at first it can feel like you're just wasting time. This post gives you 222 premade zaps (templates for those mundane and repetitive tasks that you would prefer not to do). P.S. You can also check out my recent post about this (see below)!
- Facebook Canvas: How to Create an Immersive Facebook Ads Experience – Facebook Canvas is a new way for businesses to showcase their products, much like Instant Articles (in fact, its been called “Instant Ads”). In this post, social media expert Jon Loomer provides a step-by-step guide on just how to create a campaign with this new tool by using text, images, videos, etc.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 140: How Lloyed Lobo Got—and Kept—10,000 Users in Speakeasy’s Pre-Launch (podcast) – Interview with Speakeasy Head of Growth Lloyed Lobo: why the conference calling business is inherently viral and how they got 10,000 customers.
- 15 Time Saving Zapier Workflows That Will Generate More Revenues – What if I told you that you could save time with your daily $10/hour marketing and sales tasks? Zapier is a tool that automates tasks between web apps.
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- The Ultimate Recipe for Effective Customer Lead Generation – Follow these 4 key elements to effective lead generation—lead magnet, lead capture landing page, nurture campaign, generate traffic—for success!
- Get Noticed: How to Adapt Your Epic Content for Best Visibility on Pinterest – Because Pinterest is so different from most other social media platforms, marketing your content here is not the same as other media. Here's how to do it.