Let us do the work for you! Every week, you’ll get a summary of notable marketing news straight from us.
Here are my top five favorite pieces from this week:
- We Analyzed 1 Million Google Search Results. Here’s What We Learned About SEO – Backlinko does it again with a very in-depth post on what really matters in SEO today. Some key findings: backlinks are still more correlated with rankings than any other factor (surprise, surprise), HTTPs has a correlation with first-page Google rankings, Scheme doesn’t matter as much, and more. I love it when a post is littered with graphs and data—Brian over-delivers on this one!
- Google’s Recent Core Algorithm Change Could be Called the “Lead-Gen” Update – This post from Distilled claims that Google’s most recent algorithm shift could be tied to targeting third-party lead generation sites. For example, if you sell drug rehab leads to other rehab centers, you could be in for a rude awakening. I’m not buying this100%, but it’s always interesting to get other interpretations of recent results.
- You Can Now Install Android Apps Directly From Google’s Search Results – Great news for Android app makers! Google is now allowing Android apps to be installed directly from the SERPs. It’s unlikely this would be available for iOS users though.
- An Open Letter to Entrepreneurs Struggling to Grow Their Business – There are 3 important levers for any business owner to pull when they need to grow: Optimization, Systemization, and Innovation. Think about where you are with your current business. What’s the low-hanging fruit? Tip: Optimization and Systemization are usually easier to tackle first.
- Acquisition SEO and Business CROwding – When it comes to SEO, owning the top 1-2 results can be the differentiator between success and failure. Often times, big players will end up buying out other top results to own that real estate. This is a great post on how ‘acquisition SEO’ works and what the future looks like for it.
And a bonus bullet!
- How To Get Featured on Large Publications (Without Guest Posting) – FANTASTIC post on content syndication (and a free downloadable resource with links to publications and contact information for sites that allow it)!
In case you missed it:
Single Grain’s latest post:
- Google’s Search Quality Rater’s Guidelines: Here’s How to Ensure Your Site Gets a High Quality Rating! [infographic] – Google recently created guidelines around web page search quality and we’ve broken it down into an easy-to-digest infographic for you.
Growth Everywhere’s latest posts:
- How Former Amazon Employee Jörg Kundrath Made $4M Last Year Selling Only on Amazon [Podcast] – This is an interview with Jörg Kundrath, a former Amazon employee who has sold well over 500,000 phone and tablet cases strictly on Amazon. If you’re interested in selling on Amazon, this interview is for you.
- How To Do Personalized Content Promotion (How I Promoted My Skillshare Course) – We recently worked with Skillshare to create a course on content marketing. Learn how we promoted it in this post.