Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #305, Eric and Neil discuss why you should clean your email list. Tune in to learn what tools you can use to help you manage your email lists and the benefits of making this a TOP priority—including saving you money!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Should Clean Your Email List
- 00:40 – Neil’s email is a mess and uses everything from Infusionsoft to Maropost to Mailgun
- 01:02 – They’re trying to figure which one will work well
- 01:19 – “If you don’t clear your list, your deliverability goes through the shitter”
- 01:24 – No one will get your emails
- 01:56 – Neil would clean the list, look at the most active subscribers and start sending emails to them
- 02:05 – Neil uses ConvertKit combined with Infusionsoft as their main mail service solution
- 02:30 – If you don’t clean your list up and you have a lot of inactive subscribers, you will be paying more
- 02:53 – Cleaning your email list is also saving you money
- 03:01 – Have a workflow using Drip or Infusionsoft
- 03:05 – Have a re-engagement sequence in place
- 03:40 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Sniply which allows you to overlay CTA or forms over social links that you’re sharing
- 04:06 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:10 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:30 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Cleaning your email list directly equates to lowering your expenses and minimizing waste.
- Create a workflow for your email subscribers, especially when it comes to creating an re-engagement sequence.
- If you don’t manage your email well, your subscribers may not end up not getting any of your emails.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.