Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #62 Eric and Neil discuss their secrets for successfully recording and promoting podcasts. Listen as they share the physical tools they use, they software they rely on to produce The Marketing School, and the key concepts you need to master if you want to successfully promote your show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s Topic: The Art of Promoting and Recording Podcasts
- 00:35 – Microphones and recording multiple times
- 01:15 – Recording software
- 02:33 – Microphones to use
- 03:35 – Neil and Eric save 3 files for every recording
- 09:50 – Promoting a podcast
- 05:29 – Shure MV88
- 06:30 – The BEST strategy in promoting
- 07:42 – The Art of Charm Podcast
- 08:37 – The more you can automate, the better
- 08:45 – Edgar
- 09:06 – Keep Retweeting episodes on Twitter
- 09:58 – As long as you’re providing value, you’re doing the right thing
- 10:11 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use different tools and software when recording.
- Always have a backup—ALWAYS.
- Interview other people who are already popular—let their networks do the promotion for you.
- Quicktime – The most stable software for Neil
- ECamm – Software Eric and Neil uses when on Skype
- Screenflow – Another software for recording
- Blue Yeti – Mic Eric is using in this podcast
- ATR2100 – Another mic Eric and Neil uses
- Libsyn – Used to track podcast statistics
- Product Hunt – Website where Erik lists their podcast
- Shure MV88 – Eric’s iPhone mic
- The Art of Charm Podcast – A podcast Eric mentioned
- Edgar – Tool that sets your social media posts
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.