In Episode #61 Neil and Eric talk about the differences between hiring in-house, hiring consultants and hiring agencies. Listen as they highlight the pros and cons, share what works for their own businesses, and the stunning advantages of outsourcing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s Topic: The Pros and Cons of Hiring In-house Versus Agency Versus Consultant
- 00:42 – Neil never hires agencies—only specific consultants
- 01:08 – Eric has an agency but would not hire an agency
- 01:45 – Eric would go to Angel List, Indeed or Forced Hiring
- 02:08 – How the Forced Hiring tactic works
- 02:10 – Using LinkedIn
- 02:52 – The easy way is to just look for an agency
- 02:58 – Agencies do not fully understand your product
- 03:18 – Be mindful of relationship dynamics
- 03:26 – Think about why you want to hire
- 03:34 – In-house for managing the whole process
- 03:42 – Freelancer for a specific task
- 03:48 – Consultant for helping in strategy
- 04:10 – It depends on the task you want to get done
- 05:00 – Optimize costs and results
- 05:40 – Working with the big ones means paying for the brand name
- 06:35 – Consider your company’s culture—don’t hire solely for the results
- 07:16 – End of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Agencies bring convenience, but significant expense as well.
- Hiring for what you need done and what fits your culture.
- Don’t look at just the costs; look at the results as well.
- Angel List and Indeed – Where Eric would search for consultants
- Forced Hiring – A tactic which Eric wrote a blog about
- LinkedIn – A social media platform where you can generate leads
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.