Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #25 Eric and Neil talk about how to monetize your blog. If you’re a passionate blogger with a good following, it’s time to start elevating your blog to a potential revenue source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:22 – The best ways to monetize your blog
- 00:35 – Look into affiliate marketing or performance marketing
- 01:29 – Avoid ads at all costs
- 01:50 – You’ll make the least amount of money from ads
- 02:00 – Generate an email list
- 02:15 – You can sell your products through your email list
- 02:35 – Continually market to those people
- 02:45 – The concept of courses
- 03:00 – People making seven figures a year
- 03:20 – An example with eBooks and courses
- 03:57 – Don’t be too aggressive at the beginning. Wait for a loyal audience.
- 04:25 – Collect leads
- 04:45 – Take your blog content and create lead pages
- 04:55 – How to drive traffic to your lead page
- 05:45 – Monetizing a blog takes time. Think about your value to others first.
- 06:20 – Don’t push anything until you have a loyal following.
- 06:50 – Survey your audience to find out what problems they are facing.
- 07:10 – Work to solve those problems.
- 08:12 – Get people to commit before you launch your service.
- 09:00 – See you in tomorrow’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Avoid ads at all costs.
- Generate a following before you push sales.
- Develop eBooks, courses, and other services that you can promote to people on your email list.
- ClickBank, Commission Junction, Share A Sale, and Skimlinks – Resources to help you get into affiliate marketing with your blog
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.