In Episode #354, Eric and Neil discuss how to build DA 70+ links. Tune in to learn how you can effectively build your DA links and the importance of having the BEST content in your respective field before approaching high DA sites you want to link back to you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Build DA 70+ Links
- 00:34 – DA stands for domain authority with a scale of 1-100, 100 being the strongest
- 00:43 – The higher the domain authority is, the easier it is for you to boost your content
- 01:08 – Large publications usually have 60-90+ DA
- 01:24 – Marketing School’s Episode about writing for large publications
- 01:32 – Go to your competition, take their URL and put into Ahrefs
- 01:40 – You’ll see their backlinks, who’s linking to them and the articles they're pointing to
- 01:47 – Create better articles, hit those sites up, and ask for a link
- 01:53 – Neil finds this to be the most effective way
- 01:57 – Check Brian Dean’s skyscraper technique
- 02:00 – Check out Dean’s article on 10 ways to double your SEO traffic and 101 ways to double your SEO traffic on his website
- 02:56 – Building DA links is a timed game
- 03:06 – The best approach is to create great content and talk to the higher domain authority sites, asking them to link to you
- 03:23– That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Increase your domain authority by writing with large publications.
- If your content is better than you competitors, you have a higher chance of high DA sites linking to you.
- Building DA is a timed game; be patient and continue to be the best authority on a subject.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil: I'm Neil Patel.
Eric: Today, we're going to talk about how you can build the DA 70+ links. So DA, just a refresher, DA stands for domain authority that's scored on a scale of one to 100. 100 being strongest. The higher your domain authority is, the easier it is for you to let's say create a piece of content. So an example I gave in the past, we wrote a post on marketing funnels, started to rank number one, number two [inaudible 00:00:51] around number six or so. Didn't build any links for it. But it's because we have a strong domain authority. So the question is how do you build a high domain authority links?
So one thing I'll talk about in the past too is how you write for large publications, right? A lot of these large publications have 60, 70, 80, 90+ domain authority and if you want to refer to that, you can check out one of our last episodes. I think it's like 10 or 15 episodes ago about how to write for big publications. That's just one way to go about acquiring high domain authority 70+ links. Neil?
Neil: Yeah. So the biggest thing that I found is you go to your competition. You take their URL, you pop it into [HRES 00:01:3] and you'll see because they store all their back links by typically authority. You then go and see who's linking to them, what articles it's playing to, go create better articles than that, hit those sites up and pretty much beg for a link. I found that to be the most effective strategy. When you're creating better content, you're using Brian Dean's Skyscraper Technique so if they write a article on 10 ways to double your SEO traffic, you're writing 101 ways to double your SEO traffic. It's so in-depth that people are like, "Oh my God. This is amazing. I have to link to it."
Eric: Yeah. I think maybe two episodes ago, I was talking about how when people talk about broken link building and I see these templates up here in my email all the time, I get really jaded by it. But fact of the matter is we're doing this stuff right now. A lot of kind of Skyscraping Technique or broken link building and fact of the matter is, our content is pretty good, right? So when I look at the numbers, I look at how many [inaudible 00:02:31] we're sending, how many are qualified. At the end of the day, our conversation rates are about 5 to 10% when we're doing outreach and that's conversion to a actual link. A lot of these are we're talking domain authority 70+. A lot of them, most of them are 40, 40 to 70 or so but there are some that are 70+ and you can make it happen that way. So Neil, anything else?
Neil: Think of it as a time game too. Everyone's trying to get like high domain authority links as quick as possible. They're trying to use the Huffington Post, entrepreneurs and pay people to buy them. That's not the right approach. The best approach is create amazing content. From there, do outreach to whoever is linking to your competitor, right, the domain authority, high domain authority sites. Beg them for links. It does work. Just be patient and over time your rankings will climb as you get more of them.
Eric: Yeah, so that's basically it. That's it for today and we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of. Don't forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.