[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #771, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should build links using rich anchor text. Tune in to hear if you should be focusing your energy on anchor text.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Build Rich Anchor Text Links Still?
- [00:54] If too many links are rich in anchor text and contain a keyword, search engines will know that you’re trying to manipulate them and you won’t rank as high.
- [01:10] Go to Ahrefs and type in the URLs that are at the top of page 1 for the terms for which you are trying to rank.
- [01:45] If you are building links naturally, you won’t be able to control the anchor text all the time.
- [02:25] Once the cup is overflowing, you will be hit with an algorithmic penalty.
- [02:55] Only focus about 5-10% of your energy on anchor text.
- [03:33] Links impact rankings, but so does the content on your page.
- [03:55] If you only focus on rich anchor text, your rankings are unsustainable.
- [04:30] That’s it for today!
- [04:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Should You Build Rich Anchor Text Links Still? | Ep. #771 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.