[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #707, Eric and Neil discuss why your blog isn’t loved by Google. Tune in to hear the one big mistake most people make.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: This is Why Your Blog Isn’t Loved by Google
- [00:35] People like using web addresses that stick to the format “blog.domain.com”
- [01:08] Eric and Neil believe this is a mistake.
- [01:25] When Eric’s past companies switched from a sub-domain to a sub-folder, traffic increased.
- [02:30] If you’re going to switch, you have to change all of your internal links plus 301 them.
- [03:00] A lot of work is involved in switching over. Use Screaming Frog to make sure you changed everything over correctly.
- [03:45] You have to make sure you have an excel sheet your engineers can follow.
- [04:50] Go post by post when moving everything.
- [05:00] This is also an opportunity to update and delete content.
- [05:15] Make sure all your info is up to date.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post This is Why Your Blog Isn’t Loved by Google | Ep. #707 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.