Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In episode #707, Eric and Neil discuss why your blog isn’t loved by Google. Tune in to hear the one big mistake most people make.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: This is Why Your Blog Isn’t Loved by Google
- [00:35] People like using web addresses that stick to the format “blog.domain.com”
- [01:08] Eric and Neil believe this is a mistake.
- [01:25] When Eric’s past companies switched from a sub-domain to a sub-folder, traffic increased.
- [02:30] If you’re going to switch, you have to change all of your internal links plus 301 them.
- [03:00] A lot of work is involved in switching over. Use Screaming Frog to make sure you changed everything over correctly.
- [03:45] You have to make sure you have an excel sheet your engineers can follow.
- [04:50] Go post by post when moving everything.
- [05:00] This is also an opportunity to update and delete content.
- [05:15] Make sure all your info is up to date.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post This is Why Your Blog Isn’t Loved by Google | Ep. #707 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.