[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #750, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get more traffic just by making your site load quickly. Tune in to hear how you can speed up your website.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get More Traffic From The Google Page Speed Update
- [00:55] Page speed has always been a factor, but now they are rolling out page speed algorithm updates.
- [01:45] Eric’s site was run through GTMetrix to show him what was slowing it down.
- [02:21] He then cleaned up the slow parts and tested out the site again.
- [02:48] He got a substantial bump in visitors once he sped up his site.
- [03:25] Neil uses Google AMP and MaxCDN to make sure his site loads quickly and is routing through local servers across the globe.
- [03:45] Neil’s site also uses lazy loading, so things load as you scroll.
- [04:30] Bad code will ruin a site.
- [04:53] Make sure to make the most of what you already have instead of chasing new, shiny objects.
- [05:34] That’s it for today!
- [05:38] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post How to Get More Traffic From The Google Page Speed Update | Ep. #750 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.