In episode #835, we discuss how the Google Search Console can help you avoid a penalty. Tune in to hear how GSC can help you.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Google Search Console Can Help You Avoid a Penalty
- [00:35] Most people have a drop in traffic at some point.
- [00:50] Large drops indicate a penalty, otherwise, it’s normal.
- [01:03] GSC tells you when you have errors; you will receive emails.
- [01:20] Don’t wait for your traffic to drop, check which the traffic status of your pages on a monthly basis.
- [01:45] Compare the content of top ten ranked sites with yours.
- [02:18] Check the Search Analytics section on GSC, make sure you click CTR, Impressions, and Clicks.
- [02:50] Then go to the “Pages” section.
- [03:00] Look for pages with a high impression count and low click-through rate.
- [03:15] This means you don’t have a good enough title or meta-description.
- [03:30] Low for B2B is below 1% CTR.
- [03:50] When optimizing title tags, click through to individual pages and click the “queries radio” button. This will show keywords and data.
- [04:44] Check to see where you are having page speed issues, as well.
- [04:57] Look at GSC once per week.
- [05:10] Build that into your workflow.
- [05:33] SEO is no longer about building links and optimizing code, it’s about optimizing the user experience.
- [05:39] That’s it for today!
- [05:44] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post How Google Search Console Can Help You Avoid a Penalty | Ep. #835 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.