Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a free Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment. Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #423, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 point, website redesign checklist. Tune in to know what you need to consider before changing or redesigning your website. This way you can make the changes without any risk to your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7-Point Website Redesign Checklist
- 00:34 – First is to make sure that your website is designed with a strong SEO foundation
- 01:01 – For WordPress, build up your SEO first
- 01:12 – Second is to keep track of your existing URLs in a checklist
- 01:25 – Third is to NOT forget about your site speed
- 01:30 – Check GTmetrix to find out your site speed
- 01:41 – Fourth is to keep mobile in mind because a bigger percentage of website visitors are mobile users
- 01:50 – Use Google AMP framework
- 01:59 – Don’t forget about your pixels like the Google Analytics pixels and Facebook pixels
- 02:20 – Sixth is to figure out the copy for your content before redesigning it
- 02:35 – Last is to check your website’s resolution in different browsers using Browseo
- 03:02 – Think about your website responsive design, too
- 03:15 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a heat-mapping analytics tool
- 03:25 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- SEO is very important for websites so make sure that your SEO foundation is strong.
- Since most people are on mobile, make sure your website is optimized for mobile so they get the best viewing experience possible.
- Design and website response are crucial for the user experience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: Today, we're going talk about a seven point website redesign checklist, so I'll go with number one. Number one, make sure that your site is designed with an SEO foundation. You don't want to come back in time and have to go back and fix these SEO changes. I mean let's say your site gets pretty big and you have all these SEO issues. Let's say you have to redo your URL structure and things like that. Developers don't really want to work on that stuff, and then you might as well get that foundation right first so you can gain more traffic down the road. A lot of people forget about the foundational pieces.
If you're building a WordPress site, just make sure you install Yoast SEO first, get started with it. Set that foundation up first so you can win in the long term.
Neil Patel: Number two, when people redesign their site for some reason, they always change up the URLs. I don't know why. Create a list of all your existing URLs. Keep them, don't change them. If you want new URLs, you can always 301 redirect your old ones to your new ones, but make sure you keep track of all your existing URLs.
Eric Siu: Yep, and number three, don't forget about your site speed. You can use a tool like Gtmetrix, so that's Gtmetrix.com. Look at your site speed and you can also use Pingdom as well, and figure out how you can fix those issues.
Neil Patel: Number four, keep mobile in mind. Mobile tablets make up a large percentage of your website visitors, so keep that in mind when designing it. Typically, you just want to use the AMP framework by Google, which will help ensure that mobile users get an extremely fast and nice experience.
Eric Siu: Number five, don't forget about setting up the right foundational pieces around ... Well, I guess this is around web design, but you don't want to forget the pixels at the same time when you're setting up a new site, so don't forget about your Google Analytics pixels, don't forget about the free stuff that you have out there like the Facebook pixels and the Google pixels.
Neil Patel: Number six, when you're redesigning your site, it's not just about images, your marketing messages, your headlines, your copy effect the design and it effects conversions. I recommend that you figure out what kind of copy you want to place where before you start redesigning everything.
Eric Siu: All right. Number seven, use a tool that can check your resolution in different browsers. I think there's a tool called, Browse SEO, I believe. You can also search for, well I guess Browse SEO, that's one of the tools out there, but just make sure you have a tool that checks resolutions on your mobile device, tablet, also laptop, desktop, at the same time. If you're not designing something for the future, you're not designing with these different resolutions in mind, you're going to be in trouble. Then, also think about responsive design as well, which is basically happening with most websites nowadays, but you don't want to fall into that newbie trap of having something that you need to go back again and fix over time.
That's it for today, and before we go, we have a special giveaway. It's a one year annual subscription of Crazy Egg, which is a heat mapping analytics tool. If you want to get access to this giveaway, just go to singlegrain.com/giveaway, and we're actually giving away one of these every single week. You can actually get multiple entries, so again go to singlegrain.com/giveaway to learn more, and we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of, and don't forget to write and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.