This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, hope you had a great and productive week! Before you take off for your weekend, check out my five favorite marketing articles from this week for your reading (and learning) pleasure!
- Which Site Seals Create The Most Trust? [Original Research] – This post is part one of two from a study that ConversionXL conducted to get a better understanding of the efficacy of trust badges on websites. It’s probably not surprising that familiar brands (PayPal, Google, Norton) are the most trusted badges for online shoppers, but you might not have known that different generations and different genders trust some badges more than others.
- MailChimp and the Un-Silicon Valley Way to Make It as a Start-Up – This New York Times article is an interesting read about how MailChimp was built slowly by simply anticipating their customers’ needs and following their instincts rather than with venture capital, a Bay Area presence, or a crazy burn
- 9 Blogging Tactics for 2 Million Views in 2 Years – This is an interesting blog from writer Nat Eliason who blogs about everything, rather than focusing on one topic. As he says, he writes “for fun and to showcase my writing skills when I reached out to startups about doing content marketing for them.” But in just two years, his blog has been read 2 million times by 1.3 million different people in 231 countries. This post details what he has learned about creating a high-traffic blog.
- Andrew Chen on Building Systems of Growth – Andrew Chen leads Uber’s Rider-Side Growth team, and this article sums up his appearance at the Mixpanel Office Hours event where he shared “his rubric for building a Growth organization. Because as it turns out, scaling a product isn’t just about one person’s tips and tricks. It’s about building a long-lasting system.”
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 171: Greg Smith Reveals How Thinkific Uses YouTube to Organically Drive $3-4K a Month in Additional Revenue (podcast) – Interview with Thinkific CEO Greg Smith: how he created an online course that got $10,000 in monthly recurring revenue which allowed him to start Thinkific.
- How We Instantly Raised Average Order Value by 10% – Here’s how Mobovida raised their Average Order Value by over 10% (and kept it there!), which resulted in flat conversion rates (a double digit net gain!).
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- How to Craft a High Converting Explainer Video – Explainer videos can be a great way to give prospects a quick understanding of what your business does—and skyrocket conversions, too! Here’s how.
- How to Use Snapchat for Video Marketing – Snapchat is a mobile app that isn’t crowded with brands and ads yet—which means that marketers who jump on it now can get excellent results!