In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do With Your Keywords That Rank on The Middle of Page 1
- [00:44] Adjust the title or meta-description.
- [00:55] Clickflow is a tool that will help you adjust the title and meta-description.
- [01:20] Go look at the content that ranks above you.
- [01:33] See what they are doing that you are not.
- [02:25] Stone Temple did a case study on keywords, how they rank, and if they matter.
- [02:54] When it comes to Google, user experience and link-building matters.
- [03:25] Everyone thinks the best way to rank for keywords is to get the sites that link to your competitors, to link to you.
- [03:34] The best link is the from the exact page that ranks for the term for which you would like to rank.
- [04:44] If you have something that already ranks well, chances are that that page ranks for a bunch of other keywords, as well. Use clickflow and find which keywords are getting impressions. If you don’t have those actual keywords on the page: add them!
- [05:32] That’s all for today!
- [05:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post What Should You Do With Your Keywords That Rank on The Middle of Page 1 | Ep. #778 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.