Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #73 Eric and Neil discuss Medium—should you sue it or should you not? Listen as they talk brand building versus monetization, the importance of content control, and more…
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s topic: Should you be using Medium or not?
- 00:44 – Neil doesn’t see the value right now, especially if you already have your own blog that gets traffic
- 01:03 – You can use Medium to promote your blog…maybe
- 01:20 – Why build equity on somebody else’s platform?
- 01:45 – Why would you compound your investment on another platform
- 02:00 – Where’s the conversion tracking? Where are the tracking pixels?
- 02:20 – Now, if your written content doesn’t have anything to do with what your blog normally covers, go ahead and put it on Medium
- 03:15 – Medium is really a new, higher-quality version of Tumblr
- 03:38 – Medium lacks versatility
- 04:00 – You can test Medium for link building
- 04:15 – If your blog blows up, you have no control with Medium
- 04:28 – The plus side of Medium is this—they have an audience so your copy will be read
- 05:09 – if your goal is to solely grow exposure…Medium can work
- 05:50 – Are you focused on brand building or monetizing?
3 Key Points:
- Ask yourself are you interested in brand-building or monetizing?
- With Medium, you have zero control.
- When you do most on Medium, at least you know your content will be read.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.