Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a free Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment. Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #170, Eric and Neil discuss 7 advanced marketing automation tactics for your blog. Marketing automation allows you to know your subscribers better and respond to their behavior. Tune in to learn how advanced marketing automation can be very helpful for your blog and what to do with those unopened emails.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Advanced Marketing Automation Tactics for Your Blog
- 00:36 – Marketing automation is how you market and send messages to people according to their behavior on your site
- 01:05 – First, on your thank you or intro email, add three different links for people to see what kind of people they are (ex. are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced online marketer?)
- 01:52 – Neil shares what he learns through automation if people are opening your email, your open rate goes up
- 02:21 – If someone isn’t opening for 5 times on a paid email, take the person off the list
- 02:55 – Third, make sure you have a list or campaign that specifically targets your customers
- 03:34 – Map out the life cycle of your customers
- 03:44 – Fourth, when someone joins your email list, try buying them in or signing them up
- 04:25 – Fifth is lead scoring
- 05:33 – Sixth, make your opt-in relevant to your service
- 05:47 – An example with Kissmetrics
- 06:47 – Lastly, if you can survey your audience, do it to create a word cloud using a tool like TagCrowd
- 07:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Marketing automation is how you market and send messages to people according to their behavior on your site
- Map out the life cycle of your subscribers.
- Make your opt-in relevant to your service to increase traffic and sales.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.