[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #413, Eric and Neil discuss how to get good photos and audio files for your content. Tune in to discover where you can get royalty-free photos and audio files and why it’s advantageous for you to add media to your content today!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Good Photos and Audio Files for Your Content
- 00:40 – People want to see videos or other media formats aside from the usual text
- 00:52 – People can easily digest information from audio and video
- 00:59 – An audio file doesn’t necessarily mean that it has to have context, it can be a background sound that catches your audience’s attention
- 01:18 – You want to have visual images with your content to keep readers engaged
- 01:30 – There are new artists on YouTube who want their music out so maybe you can use them royalty-free and just add credits
- 01:47 – You can also find other audio files from AudioJungle
- 01:52 – For photos, you can check Twenty20 and Canva
- 02:28 – Neil pays for his photos from Fotolia
- 02:44 – Use the half size download which still has a high resolution
- 03:16 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:55 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:08 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Adding any media to your content will make it more engaging for the viewer.
- There are sources that you can use that are royalty-free—just don’t forget to give credit.
- Utilize media—just make sure whatever you use relates to your content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Sui: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Sui.
Neil Patel: And I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Sui: And today we're going to talk about how to get good photos and audio files for your contents. So why do we even need good photos and good audio files for our content, Neil?
Neil Patel: Are you trying to interview me?
Eric Sui: Yup.
Neil Patel: We've been doing this all day. We've been having fun.
All right. People want to see visual stuff. Not everyone is text based learners. You need to break up information in visual formats or audio formats so people can easily digest your information. And what I mean by audio is not like audio files that have information, more like audio files for let's say sound files, so that way when you're creating videos you can add in sounds so people want to keep listening or watching your videos, right? To keep entertained.
Think of a movie, when you watch a movie, movies have music and audio files within the background. So the same goes with your content. You want to have visual images to keep readers engaged. And, if you're doing videos, you want to add in music here and there.
Eric Sui: Yup. So in terms of where you can actually get these files, when you look at ... there's actually a lot of people out there that are up and coming artists. You know, they want to get their music out there. It can be royalty-free. You just have to find them on YouTube. There's a lot of music that you just have to give credit to ultimately. So that sounds like it's a bigger undertaking but there are sites out there where you can go get audio files. I think there's a site called AudioJungle. And, if you're looking for good photos, I mean, we have a client called Twenty20. So it's the word twenty spelled out and then the number 20. And they have really good photos that you can actually share to Instagram. And they're not just stock. They're like a couple of levels of above stock photos. So you can check that out.
And then, if you're looking to make good photos for social, always you can take a look at CAMBA as well. But yeah, Twenty20 is good for photos and then audio files, look on YouTube for royalty-free or give credit to artists out there, and then also AudioJungle as well. Those are just some good places to get started with the stuff, so you can add more personality to what you're doing.
Neil Patel: For me, for video ... not video, for image-based files, I pay for them. I don't want to get sued. I know that I have a team and someone can end up messing up, not just on their end but also on my end. So I just use Fotolia. So for a few hundred bucks a month I can download hundreds and hundreds of images. And the trick with Fotolia is use the half size. When you use half size downloads, you get double the amount. And the half size images are still really high in resolution.
Eric Sui: Great. That's basically it. I mean, there's a lot of different services out there. These are just a few that we use. So Twenty20 is paid. And, yeah, Fotolia as well. And then some of these other ones you can expect to pay for as well. But, yeah, you just want to enhance the stuff that you're doing. Even when you look at this podcast, you know, we have an intro, we have an outro as well just to kind of spice things up a little bit.
So, anyway, that's it for today. But before we go, we have a special give away. This is a one-year annual subscription to Crazy Egg, which is worth close to $1,200. And, before I give you details on it, Neil what is Crazy Egg?
Neil Patel: Crazy Egg is a visual analytics tool that'll show why visitors aren't converting into customers. From your checkup photos, to your form fields, to where people are cooking, to where they're bouncing off. It shows you everything in a visual format so you no longer have to waste time looking at Google analytic reports and crunching numbers. You can now do it all in a visual format. From there you can make changes to your website using our WYSISYG Editor and you can even run split tests. So with the AV testing you can ensure that the changes you're making are boosting your conversion rate.
Eric Sui: Great. So, if you want to get in on this giveaway, just go to singlegrain.com/giveaway. And the cool thing is we're giving away one of these every single week for the next year. And the other thing is, you can actually get multiple entries for this. So just go to singlegrain.com/giveaway to learn more and we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of. And don't forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow, right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.