Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #109 Eric and Neil talk about whether you should or should not have a Wikipedia page. Listen as they highlight the pros and cons of having a wiki page and to find out whether having one really does fit your business profile.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: The advantages and disadvantages of having a Wikipedia page
- 00:36 – Having a Wikipedia page adds credibility
- 01:05 – Neil used to have a Wikipedia page but he had it removed
- 01:23 – Knowledge graph pops Wikipedia to the top of search pages INSTEAD of Neil’s website
- 01:43 – A person or business can have a Wiki page for added credibility but not if you’re doing sales
- 02:53 – A Wikipedia page can help you with reputation management
- 03:28 – You can use it to verify your profiles
- 04:24 – Leonard Kim can help to make a Wikipedia page
- 04:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Every platform has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Wikipedia ranks so if you run a sales website, don’t use it.
- A Wikipedia page adds credibility to an individual or business.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.