In Episode #111 Eric and Neil help you decide whether you should or should not repurpose your content to bring to followers in. Listen to learn what the advantages and disadvantages are, and the truth about Google’s penalties for replicated content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should you repurpose your content?
- 00:39 – Maximize your investment by repurposing
- 01:04 – Posting on multiple platforms is repurposing
- 01:15 – Repurposing helps you get eyes in other areas
- 01:37 – Not all form of content should be text based
- 01:42 – Misconception on Google for duplicate content
- 02:11 – Make sure to link back to the original source
- 03:29 – Splinter out posts and create more content
- 03:52 – Google content repurposing workflow
- 04:30 – Think about the monetization aspect of your business
- 05:20 – Medium and Quora rewrites certain answers
- 05:52 – Using Rev to transcribe podcast episodes
- 06:02 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Repurposing content doesn’t mean you post the same thing word for word.
- Google does NOT penalize duplicate content.
- Repurpose your content to maximize your investment.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.