In Episode #228, Eric and Neil discuss how to scale content marketing without hiring more people. Whether it be discerning what deserves your attention and what doesn’t or setting up systems that keep you organized—there are practical things you can do, today, to help you scale your content marketing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Scale Content Marketing Without Hiring More People
- 00:33 – One of the problems in content marketing is limited resources
- 00:56 – It is easy to ask people to do what other people do, but the actual work is difficult
- 01:21 – Learn how to say “no” to unnecessary work
- 01:25 – Focus on the things that are working for you
- 01:35 – Only hire an editor as your contractor
- 01:42 – You can find your writers at problogger.net
- 02:16 – Go through the contents of the applicants and see what’s the ideal fit for you
- 02:32 – Have your editor ask them to make 10 headlines
- 03:08 – Show some samples of format
- 03:39 – Get them to write content, post it into WordPress, and promote it
- 03:49 – Check Buzzsumo to see who’s sharing similar content and contact them to promote your content
- 04:45 – It’s important to have the right processes in place
- 05:27 – Leverage the content that you already have
- 06:20 – Use Smartsheet or CoSchedule to have a content calendar
- 06:43 – If everything is disorganized, you’ll be constrained and you won’t be putting out your target content
- 06:54 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Say “no” to the unnecessary tasks and focus on the things that are working.
- Have the right process in place to optimize content output.
- Repurpose your most visited content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.