[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #271, Eric and Neil discuss how a small business can get started with public relations without hiring an agency. Tune in to learn the online tools that can help make your PR a breeze and other effective ways that do not cost you a single dollar.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Small Businesses Can Get Started with PR Without Hiring an Agency
- 00:36 – Public relations is still relevant today
- 00:49 – Eric recommends HARO or Help a Reporter Out
- 00:54 – You can find reporters who are also looking for help
- 01:04 – They have all sorts of categories of stories that you don’t expect
- 01:16 – Monitor it and get daily alerts
- 01:28 – Neil, as a startup, loves using agencies and individual people
- 01:37 – Chris Barrett is a performance-based PR rep
- 01:47 – Traditional PR people don’t think that Chris’ model is healthy for the space
- 01:55 – Chris still continues with his model and has also worked with Eric
- 02:14 – Pay per performance is definitely an option
- 02:21 – PRLOG is another tool that you can use
- 02:28 – “The best PR isn’t what most people think of”
- 02:36 – Neil hit people up in their space and he helped them out for free
- 02:44 – Get them to blog about your business in exchange for the “help”
- 03:06 – You can also use Mail Merge to reach out to people
- 03:22 – JournoRequest can also do PR for you
- 03:33 – Take a look at your dimensions and your competitors’ as well
- 03:51 – Have the monitoring tools in place
- 03:56 – PR is a numbers game
- 04:22 – Another tool is Radio Guest List which is similar to HARO, but for audio
- 04:56 – BlogDash will make blog outreach easier
- 05:15 – Marketing School is giving away a one year annual subscription to LeadQuizzes which allows you to collect leads from the quizzes you made
- 05:30 – To win, rate, review, and subscribe to Marketing School
- 05:33 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:43 – Neil used LeadQuizzes on his website, Nutrition Secrets
- 06:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PR is still relevant today and even small businesses need it – it increases brand awareness.
- Pay per performance is an option that you can try, especially if you’re a small company.
- PR is a numbers game – track your dimensions.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.