In Episode #229, Eric and Neil discuss how to build more traffic when you already rank for your head terms. Tune in to learn as Eric and Neil provide a step-by-step guide to see how you’re ranking on specific pages and also share with you their weekly giveaway.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Build More Traffic When You Already Rank for All Your Head Terms
- 00:37 – Eric explains what a head term is and how you can rank for long tail variations
- 00:56 – Go to Google Suggest and type the head terms you rank for
- 01:11 – Neil tries the head term “online marketing” on Google
- 01:25 – Take the terms related to your head terms and make corresponding content, if relevant
- 01:45 – Type your head term and look for other variations of it
- 02:14 – The hub and spoke model
- 02:17 – Hub and spoke by Jimmy Daly
- 02:25 – Conversion rate optimization
- 02:54 – Skyscrape content that is already there which is connected to your head term
- 03:03 – Use Google Search Console and look for the keywords that help you rank
- 03:13 – Go to search analytics, click on the top 3 checkmarks on the top left corner and then switch to pages—go to “search by impression” from top to bottom
- 03:32 – Look at the keywords that you’re ranking for in specific pages
- 04:04 – Eric and Neil are giving out one free tool per week
- 04:15 – This week’s free tool is a free copy of Authority Labs, a keyword tracking tool
- 04:28 – What you have to do is text marketingschool to 33444 and the winner will be confirmed weekly
- 04:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Link to subcategories under your main category—Google likes that.
- Sky scrape content that is already out there which is connected to your head terms.
- Terms that are related to your head terms can be used to create new content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.