[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #229, Eric and Neil discuss how to build more traffic when you already rank for your head terms. Tune in to learn as Eric and Neil provide a step-by-step guide to see how you’re ranking on specific pages and also share with you their weekly giveaway.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Build More Traffic When You Already Rank for All Your Head Terms
- 00:37 – Eric explains what a head term is and how you can rank for long tail variations
- 00:56 – Go to Google Suggest and type the head terms you rank for
- 01:11 – Neil tries the head term “online marketing” on Google
- 01:25 – Take the terms related to your head terms and make corresponding content, if relevant
- 01:45 – Type your head term and look for other variations of it
- 02:14 – The hub and spoke model
- 02:17 – Hub and spoke by Jimmy Daly
- 02:25 – Conversion rate optimization
- 02:54 – Skyscrape content that is already there which is connected to your head term
- 03:03 – Use Google Search Console and look for the keywords that help you rank
- 03:13 – Go to search analytics, click on the top 3 checkmarks on the top left corner and then switch to pages—go to “search by impression” from top to bottom
- 03:32 – Look at the keywords that you’re ranking for in specific pages
- 04:04 – Eric and Neil are giving out one free tool per week
- 04:15 – This week’s free tool is a free copy of Authority Labs, a keyword tracking tool
- 04:28 – What you have to do is text marketingschool to 33444 and the winner will be confirmed weekly
- 04:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Link to subcategories under your main category—Google likes that.
- Sky scrape content that is already out there which is connected to your head terms.
- Terms that are related to your head terms can be used to create new content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.