In Episode #209, Eric and Neil discuss how to recruit great marketers. Tune in to learn how you can recruit someone who is the BEST in the marketing field and why going to local marketing meetups or conferences are fantastic places to find that next hire.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Recruit Great Marketers
- 00:45 – Use your website as a source of referrals or ask friends
- 01:09 – Force the hiring concept from Hubstaff
- 01:47 – Reach out to other sites which can help guide you
- 02:10 – Some of the best hires are from local meetups that are marketing related
- 03:15 – Recruiters are also an option
- 03:33 – They bring results because of their network
- 03:40 – Use Workable—it allows job postings to seed into different sites
- 05:04 – Look at performance
- 05:10 – Check marketers’ blogs or websites and see how they work
- 05:26 – They don’t have to be marketers—just pay attention to what they are good at and see if it fits your needs
- 05:58 – Hire people based on tangible points
- 06:20 – Test someone, first, by giving them part-time work to see if things will work out
- 06:35 – There should be consistency in their work
- 07:00 – They should go through a test or trial
- 07:58 – Give them specific scenarios of what you will require of them
- 08:10 – Eric and Neil are always hiring people so reach out to them
- 08:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Getting referrals is one of the easiest ways to look for an addition for your team – you can get feedback, too.
- Hire people based on tangible points and see if their skillsets will fit your needs.
- By giving applicants a trial, you get to check how they work and their consistency, as well, before making that commitment to hire them.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.