Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you are all prepared for an awesome weekend! But first, here are my top five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- Battleground Mobile: Why (& How) to Prepare for the Future – Author Eric Enge states that the mobile takeover is only just beginning, and it's more important than ever to plan ahead with a mobile-first mentality. This post itemizes the opportunities you should pay attention to regarding the continuing changes in mobile usage as well as user expectations for mobile devices. For example, mobile friendliness is now a ranking factor for Google.
- How to Find 10,000 Sales Prospects on LinkedIn in 10 Mins – The folks at DocSend think that X-Ray Searching for sales prospects is fantastic tool, especially for those who have a limited LinkedIn network. It is a pre-defined Google Search that only looks inside of LinkedIn. However, the author states that the X-Ray process doesn’t scale well and is very manual, so they use their own technique called The 10X-Ray. This post is a technical break down of the basic process.
- Virtual reality is posed to become a fundamental technology, and outfits like Magic Leap have an opportunity to become some of the largest companies ever.
- Control, or Be Controlled: Sales Forecasting Done Right – Anyone in sales knows that sometimes it's just really difficult to close a sale. Because enterprise selling is a lengthy, convoluted process, even the best products and salespeople won’t ensure that you’ll meet your sales forecast. This post goes into detail about sales forecasting done right. In this case, ‘control’ means putting in place a strong sales, forecasting, and deal qualification process.
- Google AMP vs Instant Articles: The Most Important Differences You Need to Know – Another excellent article by Tamas Torok, who wrote about Facebook Instant Articles and Google Accelerated Mobile Pages in great detail. This post now compares the two – what's the difference between them, which one's the better option, the impact of each on SEO, and many other need-to-know points – to help bloggers and publishers fully understand which is best for them.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- 10 Growth Newsletters To Make You A Smarter Entrepreneur – Although e-mail is starting to die, newsletters are still one of the best ways to drive revenues online: for every $1 spent, the average return is $44.25.
- GE 147: How Jason Swenk Built His Coaching Business Into a 7-Figure Company By NOT Making Decisions Based on Money (podcast) – Interview with Jason Swenk, who teaches digital agency owners how to double their business through setting up the right systems.
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- What Is Digital Marketing? – Short answer: digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies. For the detailed answer, check out this EPIC post!
- Sluggish Customer Acquisition? 6 Proven Recommendations – Increasing customer retention rates by 5% increases profits by 25% to 95%. So if your business is struggling with customer acquisition, read these 6 tips: