This Week In Growth: 5 Marketing Bullets 1/29/2016
Can you believe we’re almost done with the first month of 2016? Q1 is well underway and I hope your business is kicking butt!
Here are my top five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- My Single Best SEO Tip for Improved Web Traffic – Moz’ Cyrus Shepard is leaving the company but has one last powerful SEO tip for you. And it’s amazingly easy to implement. Don’t miss this one!
- Is Affiliate Marketing A Viable Business Model in 2016? – The affiliate model tends to have a negative aura about it but let’s face the facts: companies like Gawker and Business Insider have been using affiliate marketing and it’s a significant chunk of their revenues. If anything, this might just spark some ideas on how you want to run your company in the future.
- How Facebook Squashed Twitter – Interesting piece on how Facebook managed to outpace Twitter and become the behemoth that it is today.
- Does Native Advertising Really Work? – Get this stat: more than 70% of consumers would rather learn about products through content versus traditional ads. We’re going to be seeing more and more native advertising in the coming years, but the question is whether it’s really effective or not. Find out more in this piece.
- Google Tag Manager Video Training – I’m a big fan of Google Tag Manager—it allows you to consolidate all your tags on your website, making things more organized and increasing load times. Most people don’t think about the implications of GTM. That can all change if you just watch some of these awesome (free) vids on how to get it all going!
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- 7 Tips to Creating Killer Blog Posts that No One Else Is Writing – Content marketing continues to grow as a trend. How do you stand out from competitors? You write the stuff that no one else is writing.
- Here’s How Giving Away Free Content Reaps Big Rewards – For those starting to invest in content marketing, it might not be 100% clear why content helps in the long run. This post helps clarify a few things on what type of rewards you can expect from giving your readers free content.
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- Mamoon Hamid of VC Firm Social Capital Shares the Secret to Why Sh*t Gets Funded [Podcast] – Interview with Mamoon Hamid, co-founder and general partner of Social Capital, which is a venture capital firm that funds up-and-coming healthcare, education, financial services, mobile, and enterprise software companies. In this interview, we discuss Social Capital’s mission to transform society with technology, the quick ratio he came up with to measure a company’s financial health, and much more.
- 7 Surprising Ways To Scale Your Marketing Efforts in 2016 – What are some new, EFFECTIVE ways to scale revenue growth this year? You’ll get at least one actionable idea from this post. Guaranteed.