This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, happy Friday and I hope you all have fun plans for the long weekend! Without further ado, here are my five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- How to A/B Test Every Element in Your Content Strategy – A lot of people start content marketing based on guesswork (best posting days and times, best CTA, etc.). This post from Neil Patel emphasizes the need for A/B testing so you know exactly what you're doing and why, and gives you some great strategy ideas to get started that are easy to implement and won't cost you a fortune.
- How to Repurpose Your Blog Content Like a Machine (+ Reader Challenge!) – I've written about repurposing and promoting your blog posts before, so I really liked this article. Most people put all their effort into creating an epic post, publish it to their social platforms or newsletter, and then sit back and cross their fingers. This piece goes into detail about a bunch of ways to turn once piece of content into several by repurposing it.
- All the AdWords & Google Analytics changes announced today at Google Performance Summit – At the Google Performance Summit last Tuesday, Google announced a bunch of changes to AdWords & Google Analytics, including new “mobile-first” bidding support, “Promoted Pins” to put advertisers on Google Maps, and longer text ads. This is a must-read for digital marketers.
- Competitive Threats to Google, and What They Mean for You – If the majority of your digital marketing is aimed at boosting your rankings on Google search results, this article from Search Engine Land says that you might want to rethink your priorities. This post goes over Google’s “other competitors” to illustrate how this shapes Google’s view of the world and how this view impacts your digital marketing strategy.
- How to Increase Content Conversion by Using Facebook Retargeting – Another great post Tamas Torok about the difficulty of converting cold traffic from visitor to customer, a process that usually takes 6-8 “touches” on the user's part. This piece shows you how to use Facebook retargeting to increase conversion rates–up to 147%!
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 152: How HubSpot Skyrocketed from $0 to $200M By Combining Inbound Marketing + World Class Sales Training (podcast) –Interview with Mark Roberge, Chief Revenue Officer of HubSpot: how they grew from zero to $100 million in revenue by coining the term inbound marketing.
- The Top Marketing Trends of 2016 You Need To Pay Attention To – From cryptocurrency to Artificial Intelligence to Snapchat, there’s a lot of marketing trends to look out for in 2016. Here's what’s happening:
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- 5 Ways Cold Emailing Can Help Generate Backlinks – With 78% of decision makers saying that they have agreed to a meeting as the result of a cold email, this might be the answer to your SEO-related goals.
- What Is Influencer Marketing? – Influencer marketing is a type of word-of-mouth marketing that focuses on using key leaders to drive your brand's message to a larger market—with great ROI!