This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, happy Friday! Before you go off to your weekend, take a quick look at my five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- Concierge Onboarding Doubled Our Conversion Rate to Paid in July – In case you don't know, concierge onboarding is when you get on the phone with customers who've signed up for your service or product to answer questions and build trust. The folks at Customer.io have been testing this out and the results are that this technique shortens time to conversion quite a bit! Makes sense because despite this digital world we live in, people still need that personal touch, especially if your product is a little more complex to use.
- Identify Users with the Most Valuable Feedback – This step-by-step post shows you the easy and inexpensive process that the author uses to identify which customers you should be reaching out to and collecting their feedback. You can't talk to them all, especially if your company is doing well, so you need to be strategic about who you're gathering information from.
- How Local Content Is Helping SMBs Keep Big Brands at Bay – This post from Moz answers the question: “How can local SMBs better compete with big brands in their respective areas?” As the author says, “Nothing related to business pisses me off more than seeing big brands dominate local search queries, when I know smaller brands that provide better service are all around. Equally frustrating is seeing these small brands try to compete outside their league by relying too heavily on paid search and ignore how effective content marketing can be for their business's long-term success.”
- What We Can Learn From Heat Map Studies to Improve Our Calls-to-Action – A heat map is an image that shows you (with different colors) who's doing what on your site, like mouse tracking on the page, where people are clicking, how far down they're scrolling, etc. This Moz post gives a great summary about three things we can learn from heat map studies.
- Why Automation Is the Future of Content Creation – No, automation will not put an end to handcrafted content. What it will do is put an end to wasting time. According to this Content Marketing Institute article, “Authors will still create (craft) the best possible content, communicating it as effectively as possible. What authors won’t do is re-create the same content over and over for each channel and each usage. Instead, they’ll optimize the content up front for use wherever it may appear.”
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 159: Austin Neudecker On How Rev Got 50,000 Customers (& Doubling Every Year!) by Having the Fastest Turnaround Time & Highest Quality [podcast] – Interview with Austin Neudecker, head of growth at Rev: why they get 10-20% conversions without a beautiful website and what their best acquisition channel is.
- 10 Marketing Lessons I Learned by Building a Top 100 App – Nelson Wang of Toptal learned the hard way how to build and promote a top 100 app. Here are 10 tips from this pro on how to make your app a huge success!
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- Here's How to Use Web Analytics to Boost Content Marketing Performance – Millions of websites use Google Analytics. Hands down, it's the best free web analytics tool. You can't optimize your content marketing strategy without it.
- Here’s Why Focusing Too Much on Conversions Can Actually Hurt Your ROI – Conversions are essential for your revenue model, but a specific conversion is useless if it's the ultimate end goal. Here's what you should be focusing on:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.