This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, happy Friday! Before you go off to your weekend, have a quick look at my five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- 28 of the Best Marketing Campaigns of 2016 – One reason why posts like this are so popular is because we all need inspiration from time to time. These 28 marketing campaign examples are creative (like Sree Sreenivasan who was laid off from his job as chief digital officer at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art so he marketed himself), fun (like Su’s Distro Snack newsletter that is super short and has a “delightful GIF alongside”), and innovative (like Mark Suster who foregoes the rainbow vomit filters and instead uses Snapchat marketing for his mini video snap lectures).
- Merkle Digital Marketing Report – “The Digital Marketing Report (DMR) takes a detailed look at performance across digital channels, including paid search, SEO, product ads, CSEs, programmatic, and social media. It also provides insight into major digital trends including share of traffic for search engines, digital platforms, and across devices.” Great resource to improve your own marketing and advertising!
- The Definitive WhatsApp Guide for Marketers: Driving Traffic To Your Site From WhatsApp – Ever think about advertising on WhatsApp? Probably not, right? Facebook has 1.65 billion active users, Twitter has 310 million active users, and LinkedIn has 100 million active users — and you’re likely advertising on those platforms. But according to this SumoMe post, WhatsApp has one billion active users which few marketers are taking advantage of. This is an EPIC post on how to do it!
- 10 Online Ads That Made Millions For Their Founders – “A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistakes altogether.” That’s what this post does. The author collected the data with AdBeat, a tool that allows marketers to “instantly uncover any advertiser’s online strategy,” to learn what these 10 companies are doing right.
- 19 Companies Reveal Their Full Marketing Stacks [w/ Spreadsheet] – The theme to this week’s roundup seems to be learning from others to improve your own marketing strategy. This author found out which marketing tools 19 companies are using and shared them here, along with a link to a Google spreadsheet with all the info. Plus, he explains how you can figure out which marketing tools other brands are using with free plugins like Ghostery or Datanyze.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 161: How Content Marketing as a Growth Channel Propelled BuildFire into a 7-Figure ARR SaaS Company (podcast) – Interview with BuildFire co-founder Ian Blair on how they grew drastically in the very competitive SaaS industry without paid advertising.
- The Ultimate Guide to Restructuring Your Google Shopping Campaign – As an online retail company, are you using Google Shopping? With a high CTR and lucrative ROAS it’s big revenue driver. Here’s our Google Shopping Campaign:
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- The Marketer’s Guide to Snapchat – Snapchat is one of the fastest growing social media platforms — and yet only 1% of advertisers are using it to promote their brand. This post will show you how to use it effectively.
- 20 Ways to Grow Your SEO Rankings – Getting even one of your blog posts ranked at the top of Google’s SERPs can mean some significant ROI. Here are 20 easy tactics to boost your SEO rankings.