Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Happy Friday! Before you go off to your weekend, have a quick look at my five favorite marketing pieces from this week:
- Content as a Growth Engine for Your Business – This post from John Collins covers the things he's learned about content as Managing Editor at Intercom a professional journalist prior to that. As he says, creating content is like saving: you’ve got to do it regularly because it takes time to pay off. Most people seem to think that you can just implement one marketing tactic that you read on someone's blog and voila! immediate results. But content marketing is a compound return: the more you put into it, the more you will get.
- Double The Revenue of Your Cart Abandonment Campaigns (Our Step-by-Step Process) – This post from ConversionXL goes into detail about cart abandonment campaigns because, as they report, “after sending millions of different lifecycle email campaigns, win back, promotional emails, replenishment, welcome series and more, we’ve seen this campaign prove itself as the biggest money maker by far, plus its conversion rate to sale (due to customers being deep in the buying cycle) is a lot higher than most other campaigns due to buying intent.”
- How 2 Ordinary Guys Grew Their Instagram Following from 800 – 16K in 4 Months – These two guys say that most people don't realize that there's a lot more to Instagram and there's even a formula but you have to be committed in order to scale. This article gives helpful step-by-step tips on how they built their Instagram profile from just 800 followers to an impressive 16,000 raving fans in just over 4 months.
- The Scientific Marketing Strategy Behind Exponential Growth – A lot of people will read a marketing blog post but when they try to implement it, they don't see the same success outlined in the article. The problem is that many new marketers just blindly implement the marketing tips or strategy they read about rather than having a systematic and scientific approach to their marketing strategy. This SumoMe post shows you how.
- If You're Running a Service Business, Here's a Great Way to Grow it and Get a 5-15x Return Using Facebook Ads – If you think that Facebook Ads don't work for your business, chances are you don't understand what goes into a successful Facebook campaign, you quit too early, or you hire the wrong person/company. This author says that you can put your ad in front of 10,000 people that need whatever you're selling for about $100-200 and he gives you a specific process for getting new business for service companies.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 164: Irv Shapiro on Why Using Phone Numbers as Part of Your Ad Campaigns Can Double Conversions & Reduce Ad Spend by 10-30% [podcast] – Interview with DialogTech CEO Irv Shapiro: why most businesses are missing about half of their conversions by not tracking phone calls.
- How To Drive ROI Using Gmail Sponsored Promotions (GSP) – Gmail Sponsored Promotions is a potentially lucrative place to be seen by new customers and drive up ROI compared to broader display ads. Great case study!
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- Effective SEO Techniques that Work In 2016 – SEO has changed in the last few years. Techniques that would get you page 1 rankings in 2012 don’t work anymore. Here are SEO techniques that work in 2016:
- How to Set Up Call Tracking in Google AdWords – By setting up call tracking in Google AdWords, you can skyrocket the number of calls you get to your business, track them, and increase your bottom line.