This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Happy Friday! Before you take off to enjoy your weekend, take a look at my five favorite marketing articles from this week (and let me know in the comments what your favorite marketing article is!):
- (Case Study) This Newsjacking Strategy = 2,000,000 Visitors – No matter how good your product is (or service, for that matter), if no one knows about you, you can’t sell anything. This article is a case study on how to get the attention that your product deserves by newsjacking, and “the results were insane. We were featured on Fox, CBS, NBC, Yahoo, Business Insider and countless other outlets. We got 2,000,000 impressions throughout the campaign and we got my hometown mayor elected. This is the story of what we did and how you can do the same thing.”
- How to Generate Content Ideas Using Screaming Frog in 20(ish) Minutes – Effective SEO and content makes the benefits of strategic content very clear, but how do you do this well? This Moz article details the process they used to show “how a few SEO tools and a little creativity can help you identify content ideas based on actual conversations your audience is having online.”
- Mobile Matures and Consolidates – It’s probably no surprise that mobile is now the leading digital platform, with total mobile activity accounting for two-thirds of users’ time spent online. comScore just released its annual U.S. mobile app report, which details “the dynamics of mobile media consumption, audiences, and user habits to understand what’s behind this surge in mobile activity, and how publishers and advertisers can take advantage.”
- Books to Base Your Life On (the Reading List) – Ryan Holiday, media strategist and prominent writer on strategy and business (not to mention former Director of Marketing at American Apparel and current Founder and Partner at Brass Check Marketing) offers his list of “the books that have shaken up my life and that have helped make me the person that I am. It’s a list that has changed over time—and will continue to change—but it’s a good enough place to start.” If you like this, check out the interview I did with him: Best Selling Author Ryan Holiday Reveals How He Sold 200,000+ Copies & Works with Clients Like Tony Robbins & Tim Ferriss (podcast)
- Freemium Is Expensive – Freemium products are what you give away in the hope that it will drive paid usage; in other words, the user will come back for the full plan or upgraded product. This author describes why he doesn’t believe that freemium is as amazing (or as cost effective) as everyone thinks.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 168: How Startups Can Generate Leads for as Little as $.05 with LeadQuizzes (podcast) – Interview with LeadQuizzes co-founder Dornubari Vizor: how their software got one client 100s of leads per month and a 500% conversion rate!
- Marketing School: Where to Learn Marketing – Eric Siu & Neil Patel introduce Marketing School—a daily 10-minute podcast to share marketing insights with the world. Today’s topic: where to learn marketing.
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- 5 Case Studies of Successful Marketing Funnels – Here are 5 successful case studies of how companies set up their marketing funnels that boosted conversions and skyrocketed revenue.
- Tools to Optimize Your Marketing Funnels and Generate Massive ROI – Optimizing your marketing funnels can vastly increase conversions and generate massive ROI. These tools can help you improve your funnels.