Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, happy Friday and I hope you have a fantastic long weekend! Here are my five favorite marketing articles from this week:
- The Frugal Guide to Content Marketing (Part 3): How To Promote Your Content With ZERO Budget – According to Nick Eubanks, content is not king. Promotion is. Publishing is easy, but getting it in front of the right audience is a little more difficult. This is the final post in his three-part blog series about generating shareable content on a frugal – i.e. zero dollar – budget. Part 1 was about best ways to find topics that your audience cares about and Part 2 was on the anatomy of the most shareable content.
- Which Areas of SEO Should Brands & Search Agencies Invest In? – The author of this post says that “the further into the future we get in SEO, the more important it is to have your own data sources and methodologies in development.” Because we need effective SEO more than ever, it must be driven by a brand's ability to “acquire SEO data, competitive insight and real experience in the latest front end technologies.”
- OKRs are Old News — Introducing Goal Science Thinking – Most people are familiar with OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) for setting goals at your company. But now something new is emerging: Goal Science Thinking. This approach uses OKRs as a foundation but then takes it one step further and applies “human behavioral psychology, increasing engagement, and enforcing regular practice.” This post shows how to “make your company’s objectives more data-driven, collaborative, and ultimately more successful as a result.”
- From “Dormant” List to 66% Open Rate, to 48K Subscribers — Here’s How – This great post describes what happened when the author emailed the 500 Startups list and as a result got a 66% open rate to 48K subscribers (over 60% that would count as “dormant”) within 24 hours.
- How to Derive Meaningful Insights From Your Failed Marketing Campaigns? – According to this post by Neil Patel, most marketing campaigns fail within 3 months. Instead of bemoaning that fact, you can make it a positive by analyzing your data from the failed campaigns and adjust your efforts to achieve your business objectives. By taking new actions because of mistakes, you can ensure that you don’t commit the same mistake in the future.
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 166: Jared Fuller On How He Skyrocketed PandaDoc from $1M ARR to $5M ARR in a Year (5X Growth!) (podcast) – Interview with Jared Fuller, VP of Business Development at PandaDoc: how they get 1,500 daily signups with over 10% trial-to-paid conversion rates.
- Marketing School: Where to Learn Marketing – Eric Siu & Neil Patel introduce Marketing School—a daily 10-minute podcast to share marketing insights with the world. Today’s topic: where to learn marketing.
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- 6 Cold Email Case Studies with Great Reply Rates – Learn from these 6 highly successful cold e-mail case studies and implement the same strategies to boost your own reply rates and conversions.
- Cold Emailing: Best Outbound Sales Automation Tools – Doing cold e-mail outreach means spending a lot of time on tedious, repetitive tasks. We've reviewed the best cold e-mail sales automation tools for you!