Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In episode #698, Eric and Neil discuss why daily blogging is unnecessary. Tune in to hear what pace at which you should be producing content.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Don’t Blog Daily (and You Shouldn’t Either)
- [00:36] Neil used to blog seven times per day as an experiment.
- [00:55] It got him a ton of traffic, but he burnt out working at that pace.
- [01:15] HubSpot gets a ton of traffic and posts multiple articles on a daily basis, but they are able to keep that pace.
- [01:40] If you want to scale up and generate more traffic, blog every single day.
- [01:52] If you’re in the B2B world, don’t blog every day. It’s unnecessary.
- [02:13] The Kleiner-Perkins Internet Trends report comes out every year.
- [02:35] It is a popular guide that serves a huge community.
- [02:50] If you want high-quality leads, don’t blog every day. Write content that shows off how smart you are and what you have to offer.
- [03:15] Techcrunch is no longer the end-all, be-all that it used to be.
- [04:05] When you are starting out, doing one really good piece per week or month will do the trick.
- [04:25] Eric and Neil record three times every two months and record in batches of 20. This gives them a lot of shows in advance.
- [04:55] This helps them stay top-of-mind and provide high-quality content.
- [05:15] If you can’t provide value, don’t blog or podcast.
- [05:45] Everything has been done to death, which is why blogging is a hard game.
- [05:59] That’s all for today!
- [06:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Why We Don’t Blog Daily (and You Shouldn’t Either) | Ep. #698 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.