Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In episode #722, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when a social network stops driving traffic to your site. Tune in to hear what your options are.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Ought to Do When a Social Network Stops Driving You Traffic
- [00:40] Neil has close to a million Facebook followers. When he had a few hundred thousand, he spent $400,000 on Facebook ads to gain a “shitload” of new followers.
- [01:10] Neil thinks of Facebook like a well. You want to have your own well, so you can keep getting water without spending money.
- [01:40] Neil’s strategy worked for a very long time, then Facebook changed their algorithm.
- [02:55] Twitter was better in the past, but overall the user growth hasn’t been great lately.
- [03:16] If you are able to build your own email list, you control that at the end of the day.
- [03:40] The cool part about Google is that they have learned not to penalize links, they just don’t count bad ones.
- [04:15] The possibilities are endless and you should leverage more than just one channel.
- [04:44] Eric went from 4000 Twitter followers to 10,000, but traffic coming to his site has gone down.
- [05:07] Just because you are on these channels and your follower count is growing, doesn’t mean that you are going to do well.
- [05:20] Look for the social network or channel this is starving for your content.
- [05:49] That’s it for today!
- [05:58] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
- [06:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post What You Ought to Do When a Social Network Stops Driving You Traffic | Ep. #722 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.