In episode #874, we discuss key marketing lessons we learned from the Red Bull vs. Monster Energy beverage war. Tune in to hear what lessons can be derived from this story.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Key Marketing Lessons Learned From Red Bull Vs. Monster Energy Drink
- [00:55] Red Bull isn’t just a drink, but a brand.
- [01:03] A few years ago, they had a man ride a balloon near the Earth’s atmosphere and jump.
- [01:26] Red Bull got $100 Million in earned media from this stunt and their stock price jumped 7%.
- [01:40] Red Bull focuses on a simple product and extreme marketing.
- [02:00] Red Bull is all about building a community.
- [02:45] They love putting their logo on cars, teams, etc.
- [03:15] Monster is smaller. They came from Hanson Juices.
- [03:45] They rebranded from Hanson Energy to Monster Energy.
- [04:05] Red Bull owns 43% of the market share, while Monster owns 39%.
- [04:15] What works for one, may not work for another.
- [04:30] Consider that what works for your competitors may not work for you.
- [04:35] Use last-mover’s advantage: find the gaps in the market and fill them in.
- [05:20] 5 Hour Energy Drink looked at the market and filled in the gaps.
- [05:40] 5 Hour Energy is marketed towards 9-5er’s.
- [06:00] That’s it for today!
- [06:05] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Key Marketing Lessons Learned From Red Bull Vs. Monster Energy Drink | Ep. #874 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.