Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In episode #721, Eric and Neil count out 7 simple SEO tactics. Tune in to hear what you should be doing on your site.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Dead Simple SEO Tactics That Still Work Today
- [00:33] #1: Upgrade your content.
- [00:40] Look at Wikipedia and Trip Advisor: there is constantly updated user content.
- [01:01] #2: Google Correlate.
- [01:04] It’s a great tool for keyword research.
- [02:06] #3: The Skyscraper Technique.
- [02:15] Go out and look for top five posts about a certain keyword.
- [02:30] Make content that improves upon the original resource.
- [02:41] #4: Infographics.
- [02:50] KissMetrics was popular because of their use of this visual content.
- [03:07] Go to BuzzSumo and look at the popular articles in your field and create infographics about the material.
- [03:43] #5: Use Google Search Console.
- [03:50] Look at top pages and top keywords that are ranking.
- [04:00] Add any keywords you don’t have.
- [04:08] #6: Use Google Search Console to search for top keywords. Integrate the most popular keywords.
- [04:50] #7: Go out and look at what content you can delete.
- [05:25] You can drive traffic this way or possible even lose traffic.
- [05:40] Neil thinks you should keep old content and just add updated versions.
- [05:46] That’s it for today!
- [05:49] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post 7 Dead Simple SEO Tactics That Still Work Today | Ep. #721 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.