Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #140, Eric and Neil reminds us why it’s very important to survey your audience. Listen to find out the most effective ways to survey your customers, the online tools that can assist you, and why it’s important to know WHO you are surveying to get the highest quality feedback for your company or product.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Need to Be Surveying Your Audience
- 00:44 – Check in with your audience
- 01:03 – Ask pointed questions and take the feedback
- 01:15 – Discern “signal” from “noise”—what points or opinions keep recurring?
- 01:52 – Use Qualaroo to ask people why they don’t convert
- 02:12 – Quantitative data vs qualitative data
- 02:50 – Make sure you ask a non-bias question and ask a large group of people
- 03:18 – Focus on solving areas that show problems first
- 03:30 – Analyze data in large quantities
- 03:43 – Use User Testing to ask people questions
- 04:08 – SurveyMonkey and Typeform are two more options
- 05:59 – Make sure the people you’re asking are relevant to your business
- 06:21 – Check out the Kissmetrics blog
- 06:35 – If you ask terrible questions, expect inaccurate feedback
- 06:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Surveys are done to generate feedback so you know what you need to change.
- Qualitative data helps you understand why people did NOT convert.
- Ask the RIGHT people to get relevant feedback. The right people are your ideal customers.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.