Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #302, Eric and Neil discuss what should you do if the wrong page ranks for a target keyword. Tune in to learn what Eric is currently testing and how Neil managed to redirect his traffic from the wrong page to the RIGHT one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Should You Do if the Wrong Page Ranks for a Target Keyword?
- 00:40 – Eric has a blog post right now that ranks for online marketing companies or internet marketing companies
- 01:02 – Eric’s agency is top 10 for the keyword other websites are ranking for
- 01:18 – Eric and other SEOs that he has talked to suggested redirecting that page to what converts people
- 01:33 – Eric is currently testing having a ranking table with different agencies
- 02:11 – Eric is still trying several different things at the moment
- 02:21 – Neil suggests making internal links between your pages
- 02:25 – Google usually sorts things out and it’s just a question of time
- 02:31 – For the page that isn’t ranking but you want to rank, compare the keyword densities
- 02:44 – Neil will then improve the keyword density on a page that isn’t ranking
- 02:49 – Check who’s linking to that page, hit them up and get them to link to the page that you want to rank
- 02:59 – Promote the pages that aren’t ranking
- 03:10 – Neil’s blog used to rank for the keywords “SEO tool” and “SEO tools” rather than the actual tool itself
- 03:22 – Neil built links to the SEO tool page and increased social media shares
- 03:32 – Within 3-4 months, it sorted itself out
- 03:49 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Zapier which helps you tracks the lifetime ROI of your Facebook campaigns
- 04:20 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:23 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Creating internal links between your pages can help distribute and redirect your traffic.
- Promote pages that aren’t ranking through constant social media shares.
- Check your keyword densities and ask people that are linking to your page to link to the page that you WANT to rank.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.