In Episode #274, Eric and Neil talk about whether you should sell your products through Amazon or just post it on your website. Listen as Neil and Eric lay down both pros and cons of Amazon and your own website and why they think you’re not necessarily building a business by selling only through Amazon.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Should You Sell Your Products Through Amazon or On Your Own Website?
- 00:24 – “Amazon is a gold rush”
- 00:42 – Check out Steve Chu’s site called, My Wife Quit Her Job
- 00:47 – Amazon one topic that everyone is talking about
- 00:52 – The problem is, you’re not building a business by selling in Amazon
- 01:21 – Sell on Amazon BUT sell on your website as well
- 01:34 – You have to build your own asset, email list, traffic sources, and community
- 01:51 – Jeremy of Muscle for Life sells both on Amazon and website
- 01:57 – He sells more on Amazon than in his website
- 02:17 – Do both to generate extra sales
- 02:24 – Even intangible products can be sold on Amazon
- 02:46 – Amazon has so much data on what does well and they try to offer the same item with their own brand
- 03:25 – This week’s giveaway is a 1 year subscription to Alexa – an SEO tool that is now owned by Amazon
- 03:55 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:59 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:23 – If you have any marketing related tool fit for the podcast, do reach out to us!
- 04:36 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Selling on Amazon doesn’t mean you’re building a business.
- It’s important, as a business, to have your own asset, email list, traffic sources, and community.
- The biggest downside in selling through Amazon is you cannot stop them from selling the same product you have through their own brand.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.