Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #301, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not you should buy marketing courses. Tune in to learn the importance of putting learning BEFORE earning and why paying for a course is sometimes more beneficial than trying a free one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Buy Marketing Courses?
- 00:39 – There’s a time for learning and there’s a time for earning
- 00:51 – Check Neil’s advance marketing course or his other courses that he has available
- 01:03 – Keep reading and keep learning!
- 01:12 – Implement what you have learned
- 01:25 – If you’re starting off, courses are great
- 01:30 – If you’re not starting off, the best way to learn is by networking at events and by practicing and doing things on your own website
- 01:44 – Neil is a big believer that it is easier to learn through DOING
- 01:51 – Neil’s current courses are about investments
- 01:53 – Neil invested in a Canadian company
- 02:17 – Instead of buying courses, Neil is investing on someone who already is doing them
- 02:30 – When Eric first learned about marketing, he had access to a site where he could buy courses or learn from free courses
- 03:03 – The problem with free courses is you have too much information available for you and you’re not really invested in it
- 03:37 – An executive once said, people buy courses because courses are perceived progress
- 03:49 – If you buy courses, finish and complete them
- 04:13 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Zapier which allows you to have different applications working with each other
- 04:47 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:51 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:09 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Put yourself in learning mode every day; there’s always an opportunity to learn something new.
- Paying for a course is an investment—use it well and apply what you’ve learned.
- If you have the knowledge, continue your learning by DOING.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.