[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #301, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not you should buy marketing courses. Tune in to learn the importance of putting learning BEFORE earning and why paying for a course is sometimes more beneficial than trying a free one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Buy Marketing Courses?
- 00:39 – There’s a time for learning and there’s a time for earning
- 00:51 – Check Neil’s advance marketing course or his other courses that he has available
- 01:03 – Keep reading and keep learning!
- 01:12 – Implement what you have learned
- 01:25 – If you’re starting off, courses are great
- 01:30 – If you’re not starting off, the best way to learn is by networking at events and by practicing and doing things on your own website
- 01:44 – Neil is a big believer that it is easier to learn through DOING
- 01:51 – Neil’s current courses are about investments
- 01:53 – Neil invested in a Canadian company
- 02:17 – Instead of buying courses, Neil is investing on someone who already is doing them
- 02:30 – When Eric first learned about marketing, he had access to a site where he could buy courses or learn from free courses
- 03:03 – The problem with free courses is you have too much information available for you and you’re not really invested in it
- 03:37 – An executive once said, people buy courses because courses are perceived progress
- 03:49 – If you buy courses, finish and complete them
- 04:13 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Zapier which allows you to have different applications working with each other
- 04:47 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:51 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:09 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Put yourself in learning mode every day; there’s always an opportunity to learn something new.
- Paying for a course is an investment—use it well and apply what you’ve learned.
- If you have the knowledge, continue your learning by DOING.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.