Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a free Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment. Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #291, Eric and Neil discuss 7 techniques for keeping users engaged in 2000+ word blog posts. You don’t want your blog post to read like a lecture—your readers will drop like flies. Instead, in you employ even just a few of these techniques, you’re bound to increase that engagement and keep your audience scrolling down…
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Techniques For Keeping Users Engaged in 2000+ Word Blog Posts
- 00:43 – First technique is to make sure that your post is written in a conversational tone
- 00:50 – Consider your post like you’re giving a lecture and you don’t want your readers to get bored
- 01:03 – Use words like “you” and “I” within your blog post
- 01:10 – Second is to use bucket brigades; Eric learned this from Brian Dean
- 01:19 – It is basically breaking up more paragraphs, instead of having walls and walls of text
- 01:43 – Third is sub-headings
- 01:45 – Think of your blog post as a book
- 01:48 – Adding a sub-heading makes it more scalable and it’s on top of bucket brigades
- 02:02 – Fourth is having great, engaging images to accentuate your content
- 02:15 – Fifth is the user pattern of a blog reader
- 02:17 – They first go to your page, then to your headline, click on your blog post, and then they scroll all the way down to the bottom to figure out if they’re going to scroll back up to the top
- 02:27 – End each of your blog posts with a conclusion that summarizes what the blog post is about
- 02:43 – Sixth is to not forget to publish if it actually makes sense
- 02:51 – If you can add videos, infographics and a podcast to add value, you’re going to have a good engagement overall
- 03:05 – “Take the time and be deliberate about what you’re doing”
- 03:11 – Last but not the least, end your blog post with a question
- 03:17 – The people who read the question will likely respond with a blog comment
- 03:38 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year annual subscription of Design Pickle, a design service that allows you to make unlimited design
- 04:00 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:10 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:25– That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Writing in a conversational tone makes your blog post friendlier easier to engage in for the reader.
- Bucket brigades make your content POP instead of seeing walls and walls of text.
- Readers are more likely to leave a comment if you end your blog post with a question.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.