In episode #703, Eric and Neil discuss ways to optimize your website. Tune in to hear how you can increase conversions with simple SEO tricks.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The SEO Hack You’ve Never Optimized For
- [00:40] No one is focusing on site speed, which is important. Hosting deeply affects your rankings.
- [00:55] Google has a mobile-first index, which means fast sites will get ranked higher.
- [01:22] You also need to use a content delivery network.
- [01:48] There is a Google Page Speed tool or GT Metrix which will help you measure speed.
- [02:30] Eric’s website was too slow for 3G. They used GTMetrix to discover all their tags were slowing them down.
- [02:56] Ping Them is another great resource.
- [03:10] Don’t take servers for granted.
- [03:30] Optimize for faster load times, which will help with your conversions.
- [03:51] WP Engine has been a great resource for this.
- [04:33] However, WP Engine has been charging exorbitant rates.
- [05:20] Content Distribution Networks distribute your content through servers all throughout the world (it pings your content to closer networks).
- [06:01] Cloudflare is another option besides WP Engine.
- [06:50] That’s it for today!
- [06:54] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post The SEO Hack You’ve Never Optimized For | Ep. #703 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.