Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In episode #792, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when your content marketing isn’t getting you any traffic or sales. Tune in to hear how you can turn things around.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topics: My Content Marketing Isn’t Working. What Should I Do?
- [00:40] When Eric joined Singlegrain, their traffic was flat.
- [01:03] They audited their work and found the articles were low-quality and the algorithm wasn’t picking anything up in their content.
- [01:52] There are two camps: Blogger with no traffic, blogger with traffic but no sales.
- [02:10] If you don’t have traffic, try using SEMRush to figure out what is going wrong.
- [02:20] If a keyword has a high CPC, it means that the traffic is worth more.
- [03:00] If you aren’t making sales, you probably need to be more aggressive and use exit pop-ups, sliders, opt-ins, email marketing, drips, etc.
- [03:30] You will start seeing revenue when you create funnels.
- [03:47] Ahrefs has a keyword difficulty tool that shows how difficult it is to rank for a given keyword.
- [04:35] Your content may not take off right away, but if you use the aforementioned techniques, it will go well for you.
- [04:52] If you aren’t generating revenue, try quizzes.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:31] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post My Content Marketing Isn’t Working. What Should I Do? | Ep. #792 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.