[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #86 Neil and Eric talk about how you can write a detailed blog post in less than 2 hours. Listen to learn the importance of leaving your mistakes for later and why you should start writing at the time when you’re most productive in a day.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to write a detailed blog post in less than 2 hours
- 00:38 – Download Rev to transcribe your audio or video
- 01:01 – If you have a blog topic, record it
- 01:28 – Take the transcription and organize it
- 01:44 – If you don’t know what you’re writing on, it takes forever
- 01:56 – Make sure you know the topic you’re blogging about
- 02:37 – Make the intro and put headings on the points you want to cover
- 02:58 – Write the conclusion before going to the body
- 03:50 – Eric’s blog process
- 03:53 – Open Evernote file and outline
- 04:09 – Start to write
- 04:21 – Come back to organize
- 04:37 – Come back the next day to review
- 05:11 – Figure out what time you’re productive
- 05:40 – Don’t fix errors at first – go back to them after
- 06:03 – Don’t break up the process – correct it later on
- 06:36 – Find a process that works for you
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If you have a topic in mind, write it down as soon as you can before it gets lost.
- Don’t mind your mistakes at first, you can proofread later.
- Ultimately, as long as your process works for you, that’s all that matters.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.