[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #808, Eric and Neil discuss their early failures. Tune in to hear what not to do if you want long-term success.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: My Failed Attempt at SEO
- [00:38] When Eric started doing SEO, he wanted to white and black hat stuff.
- [00:55] He made a website called Lightshow Videos.
- [01:10] WIthin a month or so, he was ranked #1 for lightshow videos.
- [01:20] However, it doesn’t matter where you rank if you don’t get any volume.
- [01:40] Neil’s first site was a job board.
- [01:47] He realized the sites that had the most amount of traffic, had the most pages.
- [02:00] He scraped Google and looked for the most popular pages, then recreated those on his site.
- [02:05] He then started getting thousands of visitors per month.
- [02:14] Once he added Ad Sense, Google then became wise to his scheme and his traffic slowed down.
- [03:00] Eric once made a website about getting rid of pimples.
- [03:15] He hired writers off of Text Brokers and had them write 300-500 word articles.
- [03:30] Traffic slowly increased, but then remained stagnant.
- [03:50] Eric learned that you get what you pay for: quality matters!
- [04:22] Don’t get too greedy with link building.
- [04:31] Neil acquired a site called “Battlefield Bypass”, which was a park that was once the site of a Civil War battle. The site had a bunch of government backlinks.
- [04:41] Then he moved on to online casinos.
- [05:00] Neil would dominate rankings by backlinking to popular sites.
- [05:30] He was getting results, but it would only last for a couple of months.
- [05:55] The point is: Aim for long-term success.
- [06:09] That’s all for today!
- [06:18] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.