In Episode #103 Eric and Neil talks about how many links your website really needs. Listen to learn whether links need quantity or quality, and to know how you can outsmart your competitor with authority links.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How Many Links Does Your Website Need?
- 00:38 – Look at your big competitors
- 00:50 – Use Ahrefs to see how much traffic or how many links they have
- 01:16 – Look at the quality of links
- 01:40 – Outperform your competitors by having authority links
- 01:49 – Get high authority links by producing awesome content emailing journalists, editors, and writers
- 02:27 – Use Brian Dean’s Skyscraper Technique
- 02:38 – Use Buzzsumo and find people who link similar articles
- 02:59 – Use Ahrefs for breakdown of domain authority
- 03:08 – Moz’s study on links
- 04:20 – Eric Enge’s post that links don’t matter in 2016
- 05:09 – Don’t focus on competitive key terms
- 05:25 – Go to Quora and use questions to get idea for content
- 05:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Quantity of links is most important but don’t lose sight of quality.
- Produce high “authority links” to outsmart your competitors.
- Links can be helpful to your site’s traffic, but great content is always going to be more valuable.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.