Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
Welcome to The Marketing School Podcast—your resource to learn, grown, and nurture your passion for online marketing! In Episode #4 Eric and Neil center the conversation on, How to Get a Job in Marketing. Enjoy!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:47 – Neil has lots of experience hiring marketers
- 01:03 – Never read resumes—they’re bullshit
- 01:25 – Put wannabe marketers on the hot seat
- 02:25 – If you don’t have your own website, how can you say you’ve ever marketed?
- 03:50 – Hire people to add value, not just fill rolls
- 04:15 – Stand out from the crowd
- 04:54 – Eric’s first marketing job
- 05:29 – Deliver work that is above and beyond
- 05:44 – Don’t obsess about theory in job interviews—share your wins, your actions and results
- 06:22 – The best marketers out there know how to think outside the box
- 07:45 – Creativity is the key to shining
- 08:23 – IF you want to show people you know what you’re talking about—create content for your application, a PDF, a screencast, SOMETHING
- 09:43 – Put yourself in the employers’ shoes—would you hire someone who just gives you a resume or would you hire someone that goes above and beyond?
3 Key Points:
- If it was YOUR company, would you hire someone that just sends you a resume, or would you hire someone that goes above and beyond?
- When you’re trying to get a job in marketing demonstrate that you’ve worked in marketing!—you need to know more than theory.
- Don’t rely on your resume because resumes are bullshit—find a way to stand out!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.