[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #280, Eric and Neil discuss how to move your target keywords from page 2 to page 1. Tune in to learn how you can move your website ranking from page 3 or 2 to 1 effectively and why being on page 2 is just not enough.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Move Your Target Keywords from Page 2 to Page 1
- 00:35 – If you’re ranking on page 2 of Google and you have a high search rate, people STILL won’t look at page 2
- 00:49 – More specifically, they stick to the top 3-5 of the list
- 00:55 – What you want to do is find the keywords you’re ranking with on page 2 using the webmaster tool
- 01:06 – Then, build links to the pages in page 2 or change your title tag to be more appealing
- 01:20 – Eric recommends looking at the top 3-5’s click through rates
- 01:34 – Click through rates are constantly changing and Google is adjusting their result pages to drive more dollars and please shareholders
- 01:47 – The number 1 position could be at a 30-40% click through rate depending on the industry
- 02:03 – Look at Google Search Console as well, just to see where things are really are
- 02:11 – Type into Google search “the links really still matter Eric”
- 02:17 – The post is from StoneTemple
- 02:22 – They took high volume keywords on pages 2 and 3
- 02:28 – Then, they built links to those keywords
- 02:35 – Awhile later, those keywords are ranking into top 2 and 3 positions
- 03:02 – Neil assumes that links make the biggest effects in ranking
- 03:10 – Brand queries also helped Neil move to page 1
- 03:37 – Check Google Trends to know which keywords are ranking
- 03:57 – Marketing School is giving away access to Yesware, a sales tool that allows you to track the messages you send
- 04:26 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:32 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:42 – You can A/B test emails with Yesware and continuously improve them before sending them out
- 04:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If you’re on page 2 on a Google search, you may as well be invisible as people look for the top 3-5 options on the FIRST page.
- Boost your click-through-rate by improving and linking your keywords—look at the keywords used by the top 3-5 sites as a guide.
- Links make the biggest impact on your ranking.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.